In today’s real estate market, technology makes it easier than ever before for buyers to search for the home of their dreams. Buyers can easily find a collection of homes that meet their specific search criteria (price, neighborhood, bedrooms, etc.), all from their laptop or smartphone. Let’s face it, no one knows what you want, better than you.
What you Can Expect When you work with us:
- At our initial meeting we will discuss your home requirements, price points, locations, timing issues, financing, downpayment and any other questions you may have.
- Once you have decided that Tim Hancock, of Hancock Realty is the broker for you, we will execute a buyer’s agency agreement that employs Tim to represent your interests as a buyer.
- We will provide you with an estimate of your overall closing costs, which include down-payment, pre-paid taxes and insurance, loan origination fees, etc.
- We work together to find you the perfect home. I will build a search algorithm that will deliver homes that meet your requirements, the moment they hit the market. In addition, you can send me any properties that you may find on your own via Realtor.com, Redfin, Zillow, etc.
- Together we will tour any home you think might be a good fit. During the tour I will help you identify any items of concern, including foundation issues, craftsmanship, pending maintenance issues, such as roof, etc. We can also discuss opportunity for remodel where needed, and ensure that the home fits your needs, and is a great value.
- Once we find the perfect home, we will discuss a strategy to deliver a compelling and competitive offer, that will help ensure the seller chooses our offer, instead of any competing offers.
- Once the offer is accepted, I will help you schedule a home inspection, including sewer scope and radon test, work with your lender, and make sure everything happens as needed to ensure an on-time, and pain-free closing.
- We provide you with full service representation. From going under contract, inspections, working with your lender, overseeing the appraisal process, final walk-through, etc.
- At the end of the process, you close and move into your new home with the knowledge that you found the best home possible, all while saving thousands of dollars.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I am building a new home? Do I still need a realtor?
Technically... no, as the builders do make it possible to purchase a new construction home without a buyer’s agent. However, Most builders will not lower the price by the commission amount so you don't save any money by not having a realtor and without a realtor, you are on your own. Having a realtor will ensure that you have someone who is looking out for your best interest from the time you sign the contract, during all scheduled walk-throughs, all the way through closing. We will also help you address any warranty issues that need to be addressed during the 1st year.
What can I expect?
You will receive full service agency representation from a veteran agent, with over 20 years of experience.find a home